PM Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) – प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना 2020 – ऑनलाइन पंजीकरण और लाभ | PMGKY 2020 Registration online – How to get benefits under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020
Union Finance and corporate affair minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announced ₹ 1.70 lakh crore on march 26, 2020 as a relief package under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) for poor to help them in fighting against COVID-19 outbreak. As you know, a 21 days lockdown is active in India to break the chain to fend off t
he COVIV-19 spread. So Government of India has announced the Pardhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY), intended to reach out to poor and needy people, with money and food in hands, so that they do not face difficulties in buying essential supplies and meeting essential needs.
Now in this article we will know about the components of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package 2020 | PMGKY 2020
A budget of ₹1.70 lakh crore has been allocated under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana to help 80 crore poor people, daily wagers, physically challenged, migrant workers, 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders, MNREGA workers, senior citizens, farmers, 50 lakh insurance cover to health workers and others. The money will be transferred to directly to their account through direct benefits transfer. Banks have also been directed to make arrangement and prepare a schedule for orderly withdrawal of money from the accounts to avoid mass gathering and maintain social distancing.
A lump sum amount of Rs. 500 per woman to Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) account holders for next three month. Same has been released for April 2020 and same have been credited to designate accounts of Individual bank on April 2, 2020.
PMGKY 2020 – PM Garib Kalyan Yojana – Key Highlights
|Health Worker (Fighting COVID-19)||50 Lakh Insurance Cover per health worker|
|80 Crore Poor People||5 Kg Wheat or Rice and 1 Kg of Pulses for free for next 3 months|
|20 Crore Women Jan Dhan Account Holders||Rs 500 per month for next 3 months|
|MNREGA Workers||Increase in wage to Rs 202 from Rs 182|
|Senior Citizen, Poor Widows and Poor Disabled||Rs 1000 for next 3 months|
|Farmers under PM Kisan Yojana||Rs 2000 (in April first week)|
|Self Help Groups (SHGs)||Collateral free lending limit increased to 20 lakh from 10 lakh|
|Construction Workers||31000 Crore Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund|
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package
Insurance for Health Workers fighting COVID-19
- A special insurance scheme with an insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakh for Safai karamcharis, ward-boys, nurses, ASHA workers, paramedics, technicians, doctors and specialist and other health workers.
- Any health professional who while treating COVID-19 patients, meet with some accident, then he/she would be compensated with an amount of ₹ 50 lakh under this scheme.
- All government health centres, wellness centres and hospitals of Centre as well as States would be covered under this scheme approximately 22 lakh health workers would be provided insurance cover to fight this pandemic.
PM Garib Kalyan Ann (अन्न) Yojana | प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण अन्न योजना
To ensure, no one suffer on account of non-availability of foodgrains due to disruption caused due to COVID-19, Government of India has covered 80 crore poor individuals under this scheme.
Every Poor individual would be provided double of their current entitlement over next three months. This additionality would be free of cost.
To ensure adequate availability of protein to all the above mentioned individuals, 1 kg per family, would be provided pulses according to regional preferences for next three months.
These pulses would be provided free of cost by the Government of India.
Benefits under PM Kisan Yojana
For Farmers – The first installment of ₹ 2000 due in 2020-21 would be paid in first week of April 2020. It would cover around 8.7 crore farmers.
Cash Transfer under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
Around 20.40 crore Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana women account holders would be given ex-gratia of ₹ 500 per month for next three months.
Free Gas Cylinder – Also under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, has cylinders, free of cost would be provided to 8 crore poor families for next three months.
Help to Low wage earners in organised sectors
- Wage-earners below Rs 15,000 per month in businesses having less than 100 workers are at risk of losing their employment.
- Under this package, government proposes to pay 24 percent of their monthly wages into their PF accounts for next three months.
- This would prevent disruption in their employment.
Support for senior citizens (above 60 years), widows and Divyang
There are around 3 crore aged widows and people in Divyang category who are vulnerable due to economic disruption caused by COVID-19.
Government will give them Rs 1,000 to tide over difficulties during next three months.
For MNREGA Workers
- Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, MNREGA wages would be increased by Rs 20 with effect from 1 April, 2020. Wage increase under MNREGA will provide an additional Rs 2,000 benefit annually to a worker.
- This will benefit approximately 13.62 crore families.
Self Help Groups
- Women organised through 63 lakhs Self Help Groups (SHGs) support 6.85 crore households.
- Limit of collateral free lending would be increased from Rs 10 to Rs 20 lakhs.
Workers registered under EPF
- Employees’ Provident Fund Regulations will be amended to include Pandemic as the reason to allow non-refundable advance of 75 percent of the amount or three months of the wages, whichever is lower, from their accounts.
- Families of four crore workers registered under EPF can take benefit of this window.
- Welfare Fund for Building and Other Constructions Workers has been created under a Central Government Act.
- There are around 3.5 Crore registered workers in the Fund.
- State Governments will be given directions to utilise this fund to provide assistance and support to these workers to protect them against economic disruptions.
District Mineral Fund
The State Government will be asked to utilise the funds available under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for supplementing and augmenting facilities of medical testing, screening and other requirements in connection with preventing the spread of CVID-19 pandemic as well as treating the patients affected with this pandemic.
Common Questions Regarding Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020
How to get benefits under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) 2020?
To avail the benefits under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, you do not need to fill any form or register online.
The beneficiary of the schemes will get the money directly credited in their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
The ministry has already announced that the disbursal of the fund will be done via DBT and date of disbursal will be intimated, follow guidelines and do not rush to the branches. Stay Home Stay Safe.
How much money will be credited to Jan Dhan account holders?
Only women Jan Dhan account holders will get Rs 500 per month for next three months.
I don’t have Jan Dhan Account. Will I get benefits?
Under Ujjawala scheme, how many cylinder will be given free of cost?
Am I entitled to get pension and benefits under PMGKY 2020?
Yes. Account holders are also entitled to pension and other benefits given to poor.
I am doctor. How to apply for the insurance scheme?
You do not need to apply for the scheme. You are directly covered under the scheme. All public health care providers, including community health workers, who may have to be in direct contact and care of COVID-19 patients and who may be at the risk of being impacted by this are covered under this scheme.
Click here for detailed information about the PMGKY 2020 scheme