Paytm FASTag is an another variant of prepaid instrument issued by Paytm under National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC ) program run by NPCI on recommendations of NHAI and IHMCL. Paytm Fastag is enabled with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology, which automates the deduction of toll charges from bank account or prepaid account linked to it.
Paytm Fastag is mounted on vehicle’s windscreen and enable commuters to drive through toll plazas without stopping for toll charges payment.
About Paytm FASTag – Highlights
- Paytm FASTag is a simple & reusable RFID tag
- Affix this tag in the middle of your vehicle windshield
- Each tag is linked to a registered Paytm Wallet
- Add money to Paytm wallet to facilitate automatic deduction of toll charges
- User will get 2.5% Cashback on all National Highway Toll payments for FY 2019-20
- This is VC4 tag, which can be used only on Cars/Jeeps/Vans
How Paytm FASTag works
Paytm FASTag is a simple and reusable tag that works on using Radio Frequency Identification Technology. Each tag is linked to a registered Paytm wallet to facilitate automatic deduction of toll charges.
- Purchase Paytm FASTag and affix on the vehicle’s windscreen.
- Make sure enough balance in paytm wallet to honor the toll charges payment
- When vehicle approaches the dedicated FASTag lane at any National Higway Toll Plaza
- Tag reader at Toll Plaza reads your vehicle’s FASTag.
- Applicable toll charges as per vehicle’s class are deducted from linked paytm wallet.
- Boom barrier opens automatically and you can pass through hassle free without stopping for a while.
Benefits & Features of Paytm FASTag
- Cashless Payment – Paytm FASTag facilitate automatic cashless transactions at toll plazas.
- Save Time – With instant payment of toll charges, you save your travel time which get otherwise wasted waiting in queue for toll payment by cash.
- Cashback – Get assured cashback @2.5 percent into your FASTag Paytm Wallet for FY2019-20 on every payment made through FASTag at NHAI toll plazas.
- Unlimited Validity – Paytm FASTag comes with unlimited validity until it depreciates due to wear and tear or is tampered with. If it is damaged or can’t be read at toll plazas, you can request for tag replacement by paying a one-time fee of Rs.200.
- Paytm FASTag can be used only for one vehicle. You must purchase separate FASTag fro another vehicle.
- FASTag can be used only at FASTag enable toll plazas.
- To avail this facility, you need to have a Paytm wallet. The FASTag Wallet will be created as a sub wallet under the Paytm wallet.
- Paytm FASTag account can be recharged online through Paytm Wallet.
- You can avail a tag-based monthly pass for a particular toll plaza. It will help in saving a significant amount of toll cost if you pass through the particular toll plaza on a regular basis.
- You can recharge Paytm wallet online by using debit card, credit card, NEFT, net banking etc. subject to maximum limit of ₹ 1 lakh.
- You can close or deactivate your Paytm FASTag account anytime without paying any deactivation fee.
- Since the Paytm FASTag will be linked to a prepaid account, you will have to submit your KYC documents as per the terms and conditions of the bank. Here are the documents to be submitted:
Paytm FASTag Fees & Charges
The tag issuance fees and charges are fixed for different vehicle classes. Beside issuance fee, you will also need to pay a security deposit and a threshold amount. Here is the fee for different vehicle class:
- Tag Issuance Fee
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||Tag Price|
|4||Car, Jeep, Van, Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||₹ 100/-|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle / mini bus||₹ 100/-|
|6||Bus 3-axle / Truck 3-axle||₹ 100/-|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Truck 2-axle||₹ 100/-|
|12||Regular Tractor/ Tractor with trailer, Truck 4-axle, Truck 5-axle and Truck 6-axle||₹ 100/-|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||₹ 100/-|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||₹ 100/-|
- Security Deposit – It is refundable one time security amount of ₹ 250/- needs to be paid at time of FASTag purchase. The amount will be refunded at the time of closing FASTag account.
- Threshold – A threshold amount of ₹ 150/- needs to be maintained in your Paytm FASTag wallet.
Price breakup of Paytm FASTag (₹ 500/-)
- Tag Cost – ₹ 100
- Refundable Security Deposit – ₹ 250
- Threshold Amount (will be added to your Paytm FASTag wallet) – ₹ 150
Paytm FASTag Cashback
You will get assured cashback of 2.5 percent into your FASTag Paytm wallet for FY 2019-20 on every transaction made through your Paytm FASTag at NHAI toll plazas.
How to buy online Paytm FASTag
You can buy Paytm FASTag online just by filling a simple application form. Follow these steps –
Step 1 – Visit official website of Paytm – www.//paytm.com
Step 2 – Navigate to ‘more’ listed as page headings along with services on a horizontal bar.
Step 3 – Click on ‘FASTag’ from the drop down menu.
Step 4 – A new form will open up- enter your vehicle registration number. Upload front photo and back photo of RC (size not exceeding 2 MB).
Step 5 – Click on BUY for ₹500/-. Sign in your paytm wallet account with mobile number or email id , password.
Step 6 – Add money in your Paytm so that money is deducted from your wallet at toll plazas.
Step 7 – You will be issued a Paytm FASTag and will be shipped to your address after verification of uploaded documents and details.
Paytm FASTag Support
You can reach Paytm FASTag Customer Support at 1800-102-6480 & Press 1.
- You can email also at – [email protected]