This article covers the best credit cards for fuel in India that earns you rewards, cash back, fee waiver or discount on fuel purchase. Fuel prices are increasing day by day but a best fuel credit card can reduce this cost. If you drive regularly, you should use a special credit card for fuel purchase.
There are various premium credit cards available that offer additional benefits along with fuel surcharge waiver. The best credit cards for fuel offer various benefits when you swipe it for fuel purchase.
For frequent travelers, it is very important to choose the credit card to lower their fuel expenses.
If you are also looking for best credit card fuel in India, then this post is for you. I have compiled a list of top 6 best credit cards for fuel purchase in India – let’s have a look.
Important Points to Consider While Choosing Best Credit Card for Fuel
- Petrol Pump – Look at the list of petrol pump that offer you benefits on credit card swipe. If that petrol pump where you refuel your vehicle frequently is not in the list, then don’t opt for that credit card.
- Fuel Bill – Obviously you should look at your fuel bill. Look at the benefits offered by credit card on fuel purchase – How much you spend on fuel and saving you earn on it.
- Fuel Surcharge – In case of frequent travelers, there is significant expenses on fuel. Add transaction fees on the fuel known as a surcharge. So, Check whether your credit card issuer levy the full fuel surcharge or waive it partially.
- Annual Fees – Some credit cards require you to pay annual charges or fee. Also, some credit card providers waive the annual fee after spending certain amount. To get this benefits, your fuel spend must exceed that threshold limit.
- Extra Benefits – Check whether there are extra benefits available on your card. Consider to choose best credit card for fuel that provide some extra benefits also.
- Redemption Process – Enquire for redemption process – the redemption value should be good and redeem process must be hassle free.
Best Credit Cards for Fuel in India 2020 – List
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium – 5% Cash Back on Fuel
SC super value titanium credit card is best credit card for fuel purchase in India. You earn 5 percent cash on purchase of fuel. The most significant feature of this card is that you can use this card at any petrol pump.
You can earn up to Rs. 200 per month (maximum cash back Rs. 100/- per transaction). It means you can save Rs. 2400/- yearly on your fuel purchase. All transaction of Rs. 2000 or below is eligible for cash back.
- Earn 5% cash back on telephone bills, on a minimum transaction amount of Rs 750. The telephone bill should be paid through the Billpay platform of Standard Chartered. Max cash back of Rs 200 per month.
- 5% cash back on utility bills, on a minimum transaction amount of Rs 750. The telephone bill should be paid through the Billpay platform of Standard Chartered. Max cashback of Rs 100 per month
- Earn Reward Points, 1 reward points for every Rs. 150 when you use your credit card for all other expenses.
- First Year – Rs. 750/-
- Second Year Onward – Rs. 750/-
Premium clients holding the premium super value titanium card will not be charged annual fees.
HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card – 5% monthly cashback on fuel expenses
HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card is also one of the best credit cards for fuel in India. You get –
- 5% monthly cashback on fuel expenses
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver and save up to Rs. 250 in every billing cycle
- 5% monthly cashback on ticket bookings through IRCTC
- 5% monthly cash back on spends on Groceries
- 5% monthly cashback on bill payment and mobile recharge
- 5% monthy cashback on spends on PayZapp/EasyEMI/SmartBUY (Maxium Cashback is Rs. 150 per month)
Joining / Renewal Membership Fee – Rs. 500/- + Applicable Taxes, However, if you spend Rs. 20,000 in 12 months of card activation, you get renewal fee waived for the next year
SBI BPCL Credit Card – 4.25% Cashback on Fuel Expenses
With SBI BPCL Credit Card, you get following benefits –
- 13x reward points on fuel purchases at BPCL Petrol Pumps equivalent to 3.25% cashback.
- Apart from reward points, it earns you 1% fuel surcharge waiver on every transaction up to Rs. 4000/-.
However, maximum surcharge waiver is restricted to Rs. 100 in a month, equivalent to annual saving of Rs. 1200/-.
You can earn this cash back by swiping your card at any BPCL petrol pump across the country.
- Welcome Offer – Get 2,000 Activation Bonus Reward Points worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift.
- 5X Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent at Groceries, Departmental stores, Movies & Dining.
- Get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on non-fuel retail purchases..
- Joining Fee (one-time) – Rs. 499/-
- Renewal Fee – Rs. 499
Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card – Earn 4 Turbo points/Rs 150 spent
- Earn 4 turbo points on fuel spend worth Rs. 150 at authorized Indian Oil Retail Outlets
- 1% Fuel Surcharge Reversal
- Activation Bonus – Get 250 Turbo Points on your first spend within 30 days of card issuance
- 2 Turbo points / Rs. 150 spent on groceries and supermarkets
- 1 Turbo point / Rs. 150 on all other spends
Rs. 1000/-+ applicable taxes, The fee get waived off if you spend Rs. 30000/- or more in a year.
ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Express Credit Card
ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Express Credit Card offer –
- Earn 3X or 6 PAYBACK Points from ICICI Bank Rewards Points per Rs.100 spent on fuel at HPCL pumps
- Redeem 2,000 PAYBACK Points from ICICI Bank Rewards for fuel worth Rs.500
- Get 2.5% cashback* and savings of 1% fuel surcharge* on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps
- Enjoy Rs.100 discount on up to 2 movie tickets per month at bookmyshow.com
- Exclusive dining offers through ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme
Annual Fees –
- 199+ applicable taxes, the fee is reversible if you spend Rs.50000/- or more annually on your card.
SBI SimplySave Credit Card – 1% fuel surcharge waiver
This card doesn’t earn on fuel spend but it offers regular reward points. You get following benefits with this card –
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at any petrol pump
- Transact any amount between Rs.500 to Rs. 3000 at any petrol pump to avail this offer
- 10x reward points per Rs. 100 spent on dining, movies and grocery spends
- 1 reward point per Rs. 100 spent on all other spend
- Spend Rs. 2000 or more in first 60 days and get 2000 bonus points.
Joining Fee (One time) – Rs. 499
Renewal Fee – Rs. 499, renewal fees is reversible if annual spend exceed Rs. 100000/-
Here is the quick overview of the best credit cards for fuel in India 2020.
|Name||Fuel Benefits||Joining Fee||Annual Fee|
|Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium||5% cashback on fuel spends saving Rs 2400/-yearly||Rs .750/- + Taxes||Rs. 750/- + Taxes|
|HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card||5% monthly cashback on fuel expenses + 1% fuel surcharge waiver||Rs. 500/- + Taxes||Rs. 500/- + Taxes|
|SBI BPCL Credit Card||4.25% valueback on Fuel Expenses||Rs. 499/- + Taxes||Rs. 499/- + Taxes|
|Citibank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card||4 turbo points on fuel spend worth Rs. 150 + 1% Fuel Surcharge Reversal at authorized Indian Oil Retail Outlets||Rs. 1000/- + Taxes||Rs. 1000/- + Taxes|
|ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Express Credit Card||
3X or 6 PAYBACK Points from ICICI Bank Rewards Points per Rs.100 spent on fuel at HPCL pumps
Get 2.5% cashback* and savings of 1% fuel surcharge* on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps
|Rs. 199+ Taxes||
First Year – Nil
Rs. 199 (second year onward)
|SBI SimplySave Credit Card||1% fuel surcharge waiver at any petrol pump||Rs. 499/- + taxes||Rs. 499/- + Taxes|