Upcoming Saturday, India Banks’ Association (IBA) will meet a core group for bank officers proposed by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), as part of ongoing wage negotiations.
S.K. Kakkar, Senior Advisor, Human Resources and Industrial Relations, IBA, said this in a letter to the UFBU leadership. The previous meeting of the IBA core group (officers) was held on August 1.
IBA meets Workmen unions on 6 Sept for wage negotiations , next talk on 3 October
Meanwhile, the IBA sub-committee negotiating wages for staff other than officers had met with representatives of five unions September 6 in Mumbai. In 11th BPS Wage Revision Talk on 06/09/2017, No Offer on Salary Rise by IBA.
The IBA side was represented by Rakesh Sharma (MD & CEO, Canara Bank), Chairman of the sub-committee.
The meeting took into account a number of the demands listed but proved inconclusive.
Among the demands were –
- Additional casual leave for physically challenged employees
- Accumulation of privilege leave of up to 300 days and encashmnent
- Improvement in sick leave benefits
- Relook at maternity and paternity leave
- Sick leave for lady staff when children fall ill
- Case for child care leave
- Handling absence during curfew and other exigencies
- Leave bank system
- Simplified overtime wage calculation
- Problems on the NPS front.
The next meeting is slated to be held on October 3.