SBI Prime Credit Card is a best premium card for people who enjoy spending on premium lifestyle. The card is primarily for those who spend a lot shopping online. SBI has launched this card for its customers with lots of benefits like welcome bonus, rewards, milestone, birthday gift premium lounge access, fee waiver and more exciting features.
If you are a frequent traveler and make most of your purchase online, then this card is for you. Along with joining benefits, you get reward points for spend on various categories like travel, fuel, dining, shopping and lifestyle, using SBI prime card.
Benefits of SBI Prime Credit Card
SBI prime card offer its holders with wide range of benefits which includes –
- Welcome e-gift Voucher worth Rs. 3000/- from the bank on annual fee payment
- Redeem the voucher on purchase made at Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop and Yatra.com
- 20x Reward Points per Rs. 100/- spent on standing instructions of utility bill payment
- 10x Reward Points per Rs. 100/- spent on dining, groceries, departmental stores and movies
- 2x Reward Points per Rs. 100/- on all other retail spends
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction amount ranging from Rs. 500-Rs.4000 across all petrol pumps (maximum surcharge waiver limited to Rs. 250/- per month, per credit card)
You can accumulate your reward points to pay your card outstanding bill. (1 Reward Point – Rs. 0.25)
- Get Pizza Hut e-Voucher worth Rs. 1000/- when your quarterly spends reaches Rs. 50000/-.
- Get Renewal Fee waived on annual spends of Rs. 3 Lakhs
- Get e-gift Voucher worth Rs. 7000/- from yatra.com/Pantaloons on annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs
You will get pizza hut e-voucher on registered mobile number within 15 days of achieving spends of Rs. 50000/-.
For Yatra.com/Pantaloons, you will receive an SMS to choose the e-gift voucher option within 10 days of achieving spends of Rs. 5 lakhs.
Trident Privilege Membership
- Get a complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership
- Exclusive 1000 welcome points on registration
- Get 1500 Bonus Points on your first stay and additional Rs. 1000/- hotel credit on extended night stay
- 10% instant saving on bookings through hotel website
- 10X points for every Rs.100/- spent during your stay at participating hotels
Club Vistara Membership
- Get Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership
- Get 1 Upgrade Voucher
- Earn 9 Club Vistara Points for every Rs. 100/- spent on vistara flights
Note : This offer is valid only for primary cardholders.
- 4 complimentary visits per calendar year to International Priority Pass Lounges, outside India (maximum 2 visits per quarter)
- 8 complimentary visits per calendar year to Domestic VISA/Mastercard Lounges in India (maximum 2 visits per quarter)
Note – To Get your priority passes, call at helpline number : 1860 180 1290 or 39020202 (prefix local std code).
- Get 20 Reward Points per Rs. 100/- spent on your birthday
- 4 complimentary rounds on Green Fees per year
- 1 complimentary golf lesson per month at select courses in India
- Exclusive benefits across 900 luxury hotels worldwide
- 10% off hertz car rental and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rental
Air Accidental Cover
It is free accidental insurance cover for card holder. SBI Prime Cardholder is entitled to an insurance over of Rs. 50 lacs by SBI General Insurance Co Ltd in case of accidental death arising out of Aircraft, scheduled airline.
Fraudulent Activity Cover
SBI prime credit card are covered up to Rs. 1 lac offinancial loss incurred due to fraudulent usage of the credit card.
The cover is valid for a period of 48 hours prior to reporting of loss, to 7 days post reporting of loss. Card holder need to call on SBI card helpline (Dial 18601801290 or 39020202 prefix local STD code) to report card loss.
In case you lose your card, get your emergency card replacement within 3 days anywhere in the world.
With SBI Prime Card, you can get 2 add on cards for any of your family members (parents, spouse, children or siblings – above 18 years of age)
Annual Fees and Charges
- Joining/Renewal Fees – Rs. 2999+GST
- Add on Fee – NIL
- The fee gets waived when you reach milestone of annual spend of Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Cash Payment Fee – Rs. 199/-
- Payment Dishonor Charges – 2% of the payment amount (minimum of Rs. 450/-)
- Statement Charges – Rs. 100/-
- Cheque Payment Fee – Rs. 100/-
Late Payment Charges
|Amount Due (in Rupees)||Charges (in Rupees)|
- Card Replacement Charges – Rs. 100/-
- Reward Redemption Fee – Rs. 99/-
The major drawback of SBI prime card is spending huge amount to get your fee waived which in turn affect its reward rate. This card is well suited for people with big online spending on travel and leisure lifestyles. So overall it is a good credit card for prime customer base of bank or people who can spend above 5 lakh annually. Otherwise, it is better to explore other credit cards by SBI. We hope this article was useful for you. Let us know in comment section, who is going to have this card. Also feel free to share your review, expectations and thoughts on this card.